[PD-dev] working on 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 19 23:08:08 CEST 2010

So with Pd-extended 0.42 and Pd/Android almost released, I plan on
diving into 0.43 development for a bit.  I have a bit list of things
that I want to get done, so I am wondering how best to handle the new
code and changes.  I can happily work out of git and then we can do
patches in the patch tracker, or try the 'git pull' style.  I've
started pushing my git to gitorious:

http://gitorious.org/pdvanilla-hcs/pdvanilla-hcs

Here are my todo lists that I plan to tackle:

New GUI Bugs
--------------------
• try removing miller's [info complete] stuff from pd_connect
• try Mac OS X GUI-first startup for all platforms so 'console show'
works
• fix popup displacement when scrolling window contents
• new patches should create in last-saved location
• tcl message for sending "lost connection to audio"
• turn off bevel on GNU/Linux menubar
• in Find panel, "Search in ERROR for:"
• X middle click paste on GNU/Linux
• make selected cord raise to top, perhaps with pdtk_selectcord proc,
based on Pd-extended commit r13678
• copy-n-paste on Ubuntu http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-06/080061.html
• how to set .pdwindow.text font
• gui_preferences.tcl

GOP Bugs
--------------
• in 0.42 non-vised GOPs now have gl_editor
• sending [vis 0( to a non-vised GOP will destroy its editor

Post Merge Changes
-----------------------------
• rename pd_bindings to window_bindings
• integrate help_browser.tcl from Pd-extended
• UTF-8 integration
• sed -i 's|MSW|_WIN32|g'
• s_path.c/etc. change MAXPDSTRING to FILENAME_MAX to prevent Win32
crashes

Pd Wish List
-----------------
• make Configure events only send relocate after done resizing
• pd-gui preferences saving system
• make non-modifier key bindings plugin
• make a pd receiver for the gui
• make plugin to add arrow pointers to cords
• bind enter key to .x245de0.c focus "" to create object
• add 'pd perf 0' checkbox to pd window
• TclMacBag/Padded for GUI widgets http://tclmacbag.autons.net
• TkDND
• Properties panel for all non-gui objects: show args, inlets values
• regression testing/help patch testing framework