[PD-dev] Font issue with 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jul 20 23:36:55 CEST 2010

Hey Miller,

It seems in the process of the merge, something with the font panel
got messed up. I tested using Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 and 8.5.8 and it exists
using both.  I also tested on pd-gui-rewrite/0.43 and the problem does
not exist there.  Here's how to reproduce it:

- start pd
- type some random text in the Pd window text field
- using File->Open open 2.control.examples/02.editing.pd
- bug #1: Cmd-T flashes the Edit menu but doesn't launch the Font panel
- then choose Edit->Font to get the Font menu
- try changing the font size
- bug #2: the Pd Window font size changes, not 02.editing.pd, even tho
the patch has focus

These might seem like trivial bugs, but I think they are pointers that
things are not being initialized properly with the removal of the
vwait stuff in main().

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith