[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1936157 ] make "list" messages be real float/symbol/bang messages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 25 06:30:45 CEST 2010

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by millerpuckette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1936157&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: feature

Initial Comment:
in the past there has been some attempts to make "list" messages behave like "float" (or "symbol" or "bang") messages and vice-versa.

the attached patch adds some additional fallbacks to the method dispatcher in inlet_list():
if an object has no real list-method for an inlet but a float-method and it receives a one-element list holding a float, it will call the float-method.
the same for symbols.
if there is no list-method and the object receives an empty "list" message, it will call the objects "bang_method"

this should fix bugs #1890931 and #1749885.

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2010-07-15 15:23

Message:
I'm going to assign this to Miller, and let him make the call on whether to
include it or not rather than include it in Pd-extended.

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-04-25 13:26

Message:
I am going to assign this to me for now so that I remember to included it
in the Pd-extended 0.42 branch, unless anyone has any objections.  Then
I'll assign it to Miller...