[PD-dev] dynamic patching: getting info on objects

Ted Hayes mh1910 at nyu.edu
Mon Aug 2 18:55:20 CEST 2010

Hi all, this is t3db0t, been meaning to subscribe here for a while and finally did, and I have a question.

I'm writing a remote front-end that sends FUDI internal messages over a socket to a server running a -nogui Pd instance.  I'd like to be able to get a listing of every object available to that instance with how many inlets and outlets each object has, i.e.,
osc~ 2 1
etc. etc.  I wouldn't assume this is possible, but I had to ask before I just start hand-coding my own.  I image the native Pd front-end builds this list when it initializes, so is there any way I can listen in to that—over a socket?  Thanks everyone!!

—t3db0t