[PD-dev] UTF-8 for pd-devel (again)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 12 23:26:49 CEST 2010

For the record, I refactored this for Miller's 0.43 git code and
submitted it as a patch here:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3032363&group_id=55736&atid=478072

.hc

On Jan 20, 2010, at 4:33 AM, Bryan Jurish wrote:

> moin Hans,
>
> sending this just in reply to you; if you wish I can post the
> diff.gz to
> the list as well, although I don't think it's necessary (mua problem
> rather than an encoding problem)...
>
> On 2010-01-20 03:39:11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
> appears to
> have written:
>> Also, could you repost the diff patch as an attachment?  Copy-n-paste
>> usually messes up diffs since email often wraps at 72 chars.
>
> hmm... the diff I posted *was* in fact an attachment (i am not, by and
> large, a heavy user of the mouse.  copy and paste happen for me in
> emacs, but almost *never* buffer-wise: that's what 'cp' is for!) -- a
> brief glance at the raw data of the message reveals:
>
>>> --------------080808000202020305020308
>
> maybe the Content-Disposition field is confusing your mua... here is a
> gzipped version which hopefully will work for you... I'll have to
> check
> my client settings at home to see about the Content-Disposition stuff;
> apologies for the inconvenience.
>
>> 127 is an ASCII char, AFAIK.
>
> As Miller noted, 127 == 0x0f is ASCII "DEL" (delete), which gets
> special
> handling (a few lines above the cited change).
>
> marmosets,
> 	Bryan
>
> --
> Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more
> bug."
> jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic
> Entomology
>
> <pd-gui-rewrite-0.43.utf8-moo-2010-01-19.full.diff.gz>

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne