[PD-dev] debugging GOP crashes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Aug 17 04:10:30 CEST 2010

So I am trying to track down some intermittent crashes related to
GOP.  The actual crash happens when hslider_draw_update() is called
with a NULL glist as its second argument.  My guess is that this is
somehow related to the fact that hslider_draw_update() is not called
directly, but rather thru sys_queuegui().  I can't seem to make it
crash before that, in hslider_draw().

Here's the backtrace that I am getting:
0   pd                            	0x0001668f graph_graphrect + 15
(g_graph.c:619)
1   pd                            	0x00016a77 glist_ytopixels + 128
(g_graph.c:594)
2   pd                            	0x00016b71 text_ypix + 109
(g_graph.c:636)
3   pd                            	0x0004153e hslider_draw_update + 43
(g_hslider.c:40)
4   pd                            	0x00062769 sys_pollgui + 179
(s_inter.c:764)
5   pd                            	0x0005edd8 m_mainloop + 814
(m_sched.c:493)
6   pd                            	0x000618bf sys_main + 2909
(s_main.c:304)
7   pd                            	0x00002622 _start + 216
8   pd                            	0x00002549 start + 41

Its an intermittent crash in this case.  I've been using my swirler
patch, basically I load it once, it loads fine. If I close the patch
leaving Pd open, then reopen swirler, if often crashes (but not always).

Any ideas?

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.