[PD-dev] dynamic patching: getting info on objects

Ted Hayes mh1910 at nyu.edu
Thu Aug 19 07:14:11 CEST 2010

Following up on this—doesn't look like anything in iemguts will help.

Basically I need either

1) A way to generate a list (once) of all object names, number of inlets and outlets or

2) A way to output the number of inlets and outlets for a given object name.

I've been hunting through the pd source looking for inspiration... perhaps I could write an external that calls obj_noutlets and obj_ninlets, for instance.  However it would be ideal to just generate a list once that I can refer to later...

If anyone has any ideas or pointers (har) I'd love to hear them!  Would it be of any use to cross-post to the pd-list?

Thanks everyone :)
—t3db0t