[PD-dev] initbang and friends WAS: run-up to release 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Aug 20 21:57:41 CEST 2010

On Aug 20, 2010, at 2:56 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 08/20/2010 08:02 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> well yes, that's the idea of [closebang], no?
>> i don't really understand what is tricky about it.
>>
>>> Well, it doesn't really seem to work.  Or at least the [closebang]
>>> in
>>> Pd-extended doesn't seem to ever output the bang.
>
> interesting.
>
> the attached abstraction works for me (on a vanilla Pd-0.42.5 with
> only
> the closebang/initbang patches applied).

Oops, I should respond here.  After our chat on #dataflow, how do you
want to go about with the rename of closebang to destroybang?  That
will make it much more self-documenting since silly people like me
won't assume its about closing windows.

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie