[PD-dev] buildbot or some other proper build automation

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Aug 25 17:06:49 CEST 2010

On Aug 24, 2010, at 8:50 PM, András Murányi wrote:

>>> I think 8010 and 10012 are not filtered on that network.
>>>
>>> So, we have an 'alpha version' of the master config up and running
>>> http://128.238.56.50:8010/
>>> Tomorrow i'll shut it down (first i wish to see how the scheduler
>>> behaves) and continue configuring... need to give meaningful names
>>> to slaves, check scheduling, source access + change tracking and
>>> finally the actual build processes.
>>>

>> This is awesome!  The RPM building could also be useful, since we
>> don't have an RPM builder at the moment.  It would be nice if
>> people making Pd libraries could use this to make versions of their
>> library for all the various platforms.
>>

>> err, i cannot connect to port 10012, but guess what, buildbot is
>> not bug-free... :)
>> can we try the newest from http://sourceforge.net/projects/buildbot/files/buildbot/0.8.1/buildbot-0.8.1.tar.gz/download
>>  ?
>> goes with 'sudo python setup.py build' and then 'sudo python
>> setup.py install'
>> better to do 'sudo apt-get remove buildbot' before
>>
>> Andras
>
>  Managing builtbot from source is a lot more work that "apt-get
> upgrade".  Since buildbot hasn't been upgrading to 0.8.x in Debian
> or Fedora yet, my guess is that buildbot 0.7.x works.
>
> What are the problems that you are having?
>

> I cannot connect with my slave nor with the debugclient (GUI app).
> Tried telnet, it times out.
> Now the master is shut down, if you have an idea about the network,
> you can start it up with 'buildbot start /var/lib/buildbot/pd-master"
>
> Andras

It seems that port 10012 is blocked after all.  I cannot reach it from
my house, but I can reach it from localhost and from a machine that's
on the same switch (128.238.56.55):

buildbot at debian-lenny-i386:~$ telnet localhost 10012
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
??pb?none^]quit

pd at ubuntu-hardy-i386:~$ telnet 128.238.56.50 10012
Trying 128.238.56.50...
Connected to 128.238.56.50.
Escape character is '^]'.
??pb?none

Maybe try a different port?

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman