[PD-dev] buildbot or some other proper build automation

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:55:27 CEST 2010

> so... (tada.wav) Vanilla builds alrite on one slave. Nest step would be
> uploading the file, this can be done internally, just tell me please which
> file or directory is the actual build? And... how do we make a package with
> the Vanilla source? Sorry I never built it myself.
> Some more questions that came up meanwhile: Shall we update or copy the
> source each time? (see
> http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/latest/Source-Checkout.html) Do we need
> --enable-jack to configure Vanilla (after autogen)?
>
> Andras
>

> The way that this would be super useful is if buildbot builds after every
> commit to SVN or git.  It looks like SVN polling support is built-in
>
> http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.7.12/#SVNPoller
>
> For git, it supports checkout, but there are some external scripts for
> polling:
>
> http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.7.12/#Git
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/645430/have-buildbot-poll-a-git-repository-for-new-commits
> http://buildbot.net/trac/ticket/130
>
> .hc

yes, git is more cumbersome when it comes to polling, so i will work this
out with daily builds and see the polling stuff after. the older buildbot
version also has some limitations in this direction.
can you help me with the other questions please?
- is --enable-jack needed to configure Vanilla?
- where do i find the Vanilla build when ready?
- how do we make a package of Vanilla?
- which mode shall the slaves use to checkout the source?

Andras