[PD-dev] GUI external

Dominique Fober fober at grame.fr
Wed Sep 8 16:16:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm currently developing a Pure Data external to display music scores based on the Guido Engine (see the GuidoEngine project at http://guidolib.sourceforge.net).
Actually, the Guido engine makes use of its own graphic device abstraction, build on top of Cairo on Linux, Quartz on Mac OS X, GDI or GDI+ on windows. It supports also a Qt based device...
I've already identified the t_widgetbehavior struct to be notified of my object's lifetime events (although the role of the different fields is not always clear to me). But the question is how can I access to a native graphic context? Another solution could be to draw offscreen and to copy the bitmap data to a pd bitmap provided that such functionality exists?

--
Dominique