[PD-dev] GUI external

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 9 20:40:05 CEST 2010

Pd's GUI is written in Tcl/Tk, so you'll need to find a Tk widget that
allows you to write to it.  I think if you want to write bitmaps, then
you should look at the Tk 'photo' widget. You would probably then send
the bitmap data via shared memory or a socket.

http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/photo.htm

There is a rough Pd external based on the photo widget if you want an
example.  But it uses the 0.43 tcl command 'pdsend' rather than the
old version which was just called 'pd'.  Another example is
pix_preview in pdvjtools.

https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/tkwidgets/
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/pdvjtools

.hc