[PD-dev] buildbot on Macs and from git

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 02:48:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> Hey Andras,
>
> Ok 128.238.56.59 (macosx104-i386) is setup with a buildbot user with your
> ssh key, and buildbot is setup as launchd service:
> http://buildbot.net/trac/wiki/UsingLaunchd

Aww, heavy reading!
How can i run the 'buildbot create-slave' command just once?

> The file is here, let me know if you need me to change it (probably):
> /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.sourceforge.buildbot.plist

It seems only this...
<key>WorkingDirectory</key>
<string>/Users/buildbot/slave/test</string>
...needs to have the right path which shall be
/Users/buildbot/macosx104-i386 once the slave is created.

If it cannot be run manually, we can try to fake it by copying (and modding)
the files from another slave, shall we?

Andras

> 141.54.159.89 (macosx106-x86_64) won't work yet, it seems that twisted2
> doesn't build on 64-bit yet.
>
> .hc
>

> On Sep 13, 2010, at 6:01 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> Hey Andras,
>>
>> I think the next step would be getting buildbot building pure-data.git.
>> That's where the active development currently is.  Also, I'll set up the
>> Mac build servers with buildbot and give you ssh access, if you can take
>> it from there.
>>
>> This is awesome, I'm happy to see this starting to work!
>>
>> .hc

> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one
> chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language;
> and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne

Muranyi Andras