[PD-dev] buildbot on Macs and from git

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 14 22:34:59 CEST 2010

On Sep 14, 2010, at 4:08 PM, András Murányi wrote:

>> Ok 128.238.56.59 (macosx104-i386) is setup with a buildbot user
>> with your ssh key, and buildbot is setup as launchd service: http://buildbot.net/trac/wiki/UsingLaunchd
>>

>> Aww, heavy reading!
>> How can i run the 'buildbot create-slave' command just once?
>
> You can run it in the buildbot account using:
>
> sudo /sw/bin/buildbot create-slave
>
> done, up and running

Could you send me this command off-list?  I want to run it on the
macosx104-powerpc, which currently does not have an externally
accessible IP.

>> The file is here, let me know if you need me to change it (probably):
>> /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.sourceforge.buildbot.plist
>>
>> It seems only this...
>> <key>WorkingDirectory</key>
>> <string>/Users/buildbot/slave/test</string>
>> ...needs to have the right path which shall be /Users/buildbot/
>> macosx104-i386 once the slave is created.
>>
>> If it cannot be run manually, we can try to fake it by copying (and
>> modding) the files from another slave, shall we?
>
> Ok, I edited it, and gave 'buildbot' rw perms, so you can edit if
> need be.  Let me know when you are done so I can convert it back to
> being owned by root.
>
> .hc
>
> This is done too.
> At the moment buildbot fails with "exceptions.RuntimeError: Couldn't
> find executable for 'svn'"
>

> Andras

Ah, ok, Mac OS X is a bit weird since it doesn't have its own package
management.  We use Fink on the build machines, and Fink installs into
its own path: /sw.  So to get lots of tools and libraries, Fink needs
to be added to the relevant paths.  So for the PATH for buildbot,
it'll need /sw/bin.  You can see in the Makefiles, the include path is
set using -I/sw/include and lib path using -L/sw/lib.

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie