[PD-dev] autotools on MinGW/MSYS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 15 15:56:53 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-15 15:20, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> if we need a c++-aware linker, then we should ask for a c++-aware linker
>> (rather than force a c++ compiler). afaik, automake can handle this with
>> a 1-liner.
>

> Try building with the ASIO sources, which are C++ and need to be built

i have to admit that i am unable to get that properly setup on the PdLab
machine (no time for such things).

if i could get a copy of everything needed for building (really no time
for installing things on an os which i don't like; it's ok for just
fixing bugs :-) i know somebody has to do that work and i hate to
delegate it to e.g. you, but i think this is really a matter of
efficiency), i will try.

> with g++.  gcc won't link C++ code into a C binary from what I could
> tell.  So at least the final linking needs to be done with g++.  In

that's what i was saying above: "if we need a c++-aware linker, then we
should ask for a c++-aware linker (rather than force a c++ compiler)"

> makefile.mingw, all C is built with gcc and all C++ is built with g++,
> then the whole thing is linked with g++.

that's how it is supposed to be.
afaik, automake provides easy ways for that...

fgmasdr
IOhannes