[PD-dev] buildbot on Macs and from git

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 21 21:09:11 CEST 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 3:27 PM, András Murányi wrote:

>> I'm actually not going to have any time to look at this for a couple
>> weeks, so please edit away.
>>
>> Ok, i will. I'm not very good at build building generally, and
>> which steps certain pd sources need, but i'll experiment. I'll bug
>> you if something fails and i really don't know why.
>>

> I'll still be on email, so I can contribute here and there.  Yeah, I
> was also thinking that the libs wouldn't stop the whole build.
>
> .hc
>
> Could you help me with these?
> - What is the "svn update" meant to do after rsync? Right now it
> just fails...

The rsync server is updated 2-3 times a day, the "svn update" is meant
to get any more recent changes.  I fixed that so it should fail anymore.

> - Pdx "make package" fails on linux with "dpkg-deb: control
> directory has bad permissions 700 (must be >=0755 and <=0775)", i
> suppose it's easy to come around this, but i guess from the
> Makefile...

Yeah, this is annoying because builtbot sets the umask so that group
and other get no permissions.  but to build a .deb package you need to
have the files at least 0755 (user-rwx, group-rx, other-rx). I'm not
quite sure how to handle it.  My guess is that it would make sense to
set the umask on the buildbot builds to have group/other read/execute
perms.  I think that's umask 022.

> - Git update fails with "fatal: ambiguous argument '14159': unknown
> revision or path not in the working tree. Use '--' to separate paths
> from revisions". Is it a buldbot bug (tries to use svn version for
> git?) or do you have another idea?

Sounds like git and svn are fighting ;-) Sounds like the buildbot is
running git with the SVN revision number: "/usr/bin/git reset --hard
14165".  I guess that happens when a new SVN checkin triggers a git
build.  I think we need to remove the SVN tracking for a
PBChangeSources style.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.