[PD-dev] bonk~ missing in Pd-0.42.5-extended.tar.gz

Felix Pfeifer pfeifer.felix at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 28 15:12:40 CEST 2010

I got the feeling that 'cd packages/linux_make && make install' isn't
the way of building pd-extended any more. Is that the case?

Before having that feeling, i wanted to reply like this:
This would not fix the error. It is caused by a missing
directory called bonk~ in the source tarball. This
directory and its contents are needed by pd/src/makefile
during build process. The full path of bonk~ should be
.../Pd-0.42.5-extended/pd/extra/bonk~
This is where the makefile expects it to be.

I know 2 possible solutions for this: uncommenting
the line in the makefile which causes the error (which
is not a good choice)
or getting the bonk~ directory from another tarball.

The bonk~ directory is included in the pd-0.42-5.src.tar.gz
tarball. I copied it from there to .../Pd-0.42.5-extended/pd/extra/
After doing that i noticed that the Makefile in packages/linux_make
still didn't work because some other files/directories were still
missing in .../Pd-0.42.5-extended/pd/extra/ so i copied all of
the files from the vanilla tarball to the extended tarball.

But then again the build process stopped with this error:

install -p /home/felix/software/slack13.1/Pd-extended/Pd-0.42.5-extended/abstractions/nqpoly/nqpoly~/*.pd
\
		/tmp/pd//usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/nqpoly~
install: cannot stat
`/home/felix/software/slack13.1/Pd-extended/Pd-0.42.5-extended/abstractions/nqpoly/nqpoly~/*.pd':
No such file or directory