[PD-dev] bonk~ missing in Pd-0.42.5-extended.tar.gz

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:37:52 CEST 2010

  On 09/28/2010 03:12 PM, Felix Pfeifer wrote:
> I got the feeling that 'cd packages/linux_make&&  make install' isn't
> the way of building pd-extended any more. Is that the case?
When setting up Ubuntu for building I actually needed to install these
as dependencies:
puredata, gem
and then I did "make install && make package"

This should work without installing pd and gem (as mentioned in
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdExtended):
mkdir ~/auto-build
rsync -av --delete rsync://128.238.56.50/distros/pd-extended/ pd-extended/
~/auto-build/pd-extended/scripts/auto-build/pd-extended-auto-builder.sh

Other than that, I don't know. I suppose understanding the build system
could help a lot:
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/PdExtendedBuildSystem

I think the auto-build script used to be used in between of releases,
but there is no notion of that now, so I suppose using the auto-build
script will give you the latest stable version.
Am I wrong?

Hope it helps.

// ailo