[PD-dev] FYI: lots of pd packages for Debian

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Oct 3 23:36:25 CEST 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 12:00 AM, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> On 05/08/10 23:10, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> FYI: I'm in the process of getting all my pd packages into Debian.
>> If
>> you are interested, you can follow the progress by checking out all
>> of
>> the packages that start with "pd-" on this page:
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/being_packaged
>
> I see - so they're marked with "intent to package", some have been
> in that state for almost 2 months, how is it progressing?

About 7 have been uploaded to Debian, but the NEW queue doesn't seem
to get touched until they release Squeeze.  But I could be wrong on
why.  In any case, they are in the NEW queue.  For the rest, I need to
wait on the puredata-dev package.

>> Or try them in Ubuntu here:
>> https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/libdirs/+packages
>
> Looking through the filters it seems that many have been deleted?
> Any particular reason why?

I'm lazy, deleting easier than doing a proper upgrade procedure and
versioned source package.

>> Next, I'm uploading them to mentors.debian.net so people can try them
>> there.
>
> Any way for us to try them out already?

They are in the pkg-multimedia git repo, for example:
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-multimedia/pd-pmpd.git;a=summary

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque