[PD-dev] external on windows

Patrick Boivin pboivin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 18:22:10 CEST 2010

Hi Dominique,

I can't get your external to load on mac osx:

/Users/pboivin/Downloads/guido-pd-mac-1.00/guido.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Users/pboivin/Downloads/guido-pd-mac-1.00/guido.pd_darwin, 10): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Users/pboivin/Downloads/guido-pd-mac-1.00/guido.pd_darwin: unknown
required load command 0x80000022
 guido
... couldn't create

otool tells me that the path for GUIDOEngine.framework hardcoded in
guido.pd_darwin is wrong:

$ otool -L guido.pd_darwin
guido.pd_darwin:
    guido.pd_darwin (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version
7.9.0)
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
125.2.0)

/Users/fober/src/guido/svn/guidosf/branches/mapping/cmake/Release/GUIDOEngine.framework/Versions/B/GUIDOEngine
(compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 1.40.0)

and when I try to change it, I get:

$ install_name_tool -change
/Users/fober/src/guido/svn/guidosf/branches/mapping/cmake/Release/GUIDOEngine.framework/Versions/B/GUIDOEngine
/Library/Frameworks/GUIDOEngine guido.pd_darwin
install_name_tool: object: guido.pd_darwin malformed object (unknown load
command 5)

osx 10.5.8, intel
pd-extended 42.5

Patrick