[PD-dev] external on windows

Patrick Boivin pboivin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:42:26 CEST 2010

No luck, I have put both GUIDOEngine.framework and libmusicxml2.framework in
/Library/Frameworks/ and I am still getting this error when trying to load
guido.pd_darwin:

/Users/pboivin/Desktop/guido/guido.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Users/pboivin/Desktop/guido/guido.pd_darwin, 10): no suitable image
found.  Did find:
/Users/pboivin/Desktop/guido/guido.pd_darwin: unknown required load command
0x80000022
guido
... couldn't create

Patrick

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Dominique Fober <fober at grame.fr> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
> You are supposed to put the GUIDOEngine.framework  in any standard
location
> :
> ~/Library/Frameworks
> /Library/Frameworks
> /System/Library/Frameworks
> then the system should find it, whatever location is given by otool.
> However, when you want to change the location given by otool,
> using install_name_tool, the syntax is:
> install_name_tool -change old new
> where old is the path given by otool -L
> and new is a path to a Mach-O binary
> e.g. /Library/Frameworks/GUIDOEngine/Versions/B/GUIDOEngine
> the framework should be installed at the new location when you
> call install_name_tool.
> Does it solves the problem ?
> --
> Dominique
>

> Le 6 oct. 2010 à 18:22, Patrick Boivin a écrit :
>
> Hi Dominique,
>
> I can't get your external to load on mac osx:
>

> /Users/pboivin/Downloads/guido-pd-mac-1.00/guido.pd_darwin:
> dlopen(/Users/pboivin/Downloads/guido-pd-mac-1.00/guido.pd_darwin, 10): no
> suitable image found.  Did find:
>     /Users/pboivin/Downloads/guido-pd-mac-1.00/guido.pd_darwin: unknown
> required load command 0x80000022
>  guido
> ... couldn't create
>

> otool tells me that the path for GUIDOEngine.framework hardcoded in
> guido.pd_darwin is wrong:
>

> $ otool -L guido.pd_darwin
> guido.pd_darwin:
>     guido.pd_darwin (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
>     /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version
> 7.9.0)
>     /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version
> 125.2.0)

/Users/fober/src/guido/svn/guidosf/branches/mapping/cmake/Release/GUIDOEngine.framework/Versions/B/GUIDOEngine