[PD-dev] external on windows

Dominique Fober fober at grame.fr
Thu Oct 14 14:25:51 CEST 2010

Le 14 oct. 2010 à 13:44, João Pais a écrit :

>>> Hi Dominique,
>>>
>>> The attached binary loaded and worked well on 10.5.8
>>>
>>> Cool external !
>>
>> Great news, and thanks for the testings and the feedback.
>> So the problem is now solved and the package has been updated with a new version on sourceforge.
>>
>> Note that if anyone intend to run the external on Mac OS 10.4, you'd better to directly compile the source code on the target computer.
>
> btw, it also worked in windows. very slow, the bigger the picture.

I know... it behaves similarly on my windows computer :-( The difference may probably be explained by the way Pd communicates with Tcl on Windows. Right now, I've no idea about a solution.

> what's the current development plan? is the purpose of this just to display a picture, or also to have some interaction? (which could go from a playline to note-click...)

There is no special development plan and the purpose is just to display music notation. If you want to interact with the score, there is a solution usable from Pd via OSC. It's a fresh new project I'm currently working on, available on sourceforge and named INScore (standing for Interactive Score) See at http://inscore.sourceforge.net

Best,
Dominique