[PD-dev] pdlib: unknown audio API specified

Chris Niven cjniven at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 03:16:14 CEST 2010

Hi Hans,

I'm not sure if I know exactly what you mean — I have only seen a few videos of Pd running on Android, and I'm not familiar with that platform in general so I'm not sure exactly what ScenePlayer does. If you're talking about an app that loads Pd patches, doesn't RJDJ already allow you to do this? I'm just trying to picture what kinds of features a libpd-based iPhone app should include that hasn't already been done in RjDj — please let me know if you have any suggestions!

-c

On 2010-10-24, at 8:10 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey Chris,
>
> And luck with a libpd-based iPhone app?  That would be very nice to see, perhaps it could be something like the Android ScenePlayer, basically just providing an easy way to find and load Pd patches from the SD card.
>
> .hc
>
> On Oct 24, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Chris Niven wrote:
>
>> Hey Peter,
>>
>> That's awesome — thanks very much!
>>
>> On 2010-10-24, at 9:37 AM, Peter Brinkmann wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Chris,
>>> Quick update:  Richard Lawler is about to donate his Xcode sample project to libpd.  It's basically done, I'm just waiting for him to send me an updated version with BSD licensing.  I'll let you know when it's available.
>>>      Peter
>>>

>>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Chris Niven <cjniven at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Peter and list —
>>>
>>> I've been trying to get a template Xcode project working that incorporates your objective-c glue for Pd, but I haven't been successful yet. At this point I'm able to use the PdBase class for control-flow patches, but I can't get audio working. For some reason, it doesn't register audio units as the chosen audio API, and it spits out the "unknown audio API specified" error message. I think it's something to do with either my Xcode project's build settings or some issue with the defines.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to fix this? I'm going to look at it a little more, but I figured I would post on the list to see if there's something I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Chris Niven
>>> B.Mus., Music Technology
>>> 514.591.9487