[PD-dev] Help building/configuring pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Oct 28 20:22:32 CEST 2010

That sounds right.  A couple things: comment out the rsync step if you
make changes, otherwise it'll overwrite them.  Also, be sure to build
with the prefix set to /opt not just install.  Pd needs to be compiled
with that info.

.hc

On Oct 28, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Enrique Vetere wrote:

> OK I now understand the procedure to build latest from repo, but how
> do I test my own modifications to base pd? does this
>
> $ cd packages/linux_make/
> $ make install DESTDIR="/" prefix="/usr"
>
> do the trick?
>
> so to install to /opt would be:
>
> $ make install DESTDIR="/" prefix="/opt"
>
> right?
>

> On 27 October 2010 14:41, Felix Pfeifer
> <pfeifer.felix at googlemail.com> wrote:
> you can also try:
> $ cd packages/linux_make/
> $ make install DESTDIR="/" prefix="/usr"
> if you want to install it directly into /usr
> if you want to install into /usr/local
> just leave the prefix="/usr"
>
> You will still need a working internet connection,
> you can try this, if you don't have one:
> $ make install DESTDIR="/" prefix="/usr" DOC_TARGETS="media
> messageoddness pd_fileformat pd-msg pddp tutorials"
>
> (i don't know yet if it works, didn't test)
>
> You also should have these installed:
> dssi, gsl, imlib2, jack-audio-connection-kit, ladspa_sdk, lame, liblo,
> libquicktime and speex at compile time
>
> and also the devel packages, if your distro distinguishes
> between normal and devel packages.
>
> If you use slackware i can send you a SlackBuild
> script. This will be released under www.slackbuilds.org
> but i don't know when ;]
>
> Felix
>
> 2010/10/27 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>:
> >
> > The rync also acts as a very reliable "make clean", so its
> recommended to
> > run it.  The uploading stuff doesn't matter, you could comment it
> out.
> > .hc
> > On Oct 27, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Enrique Vetere wrote:
> >
> > That scripts attempts to upload something and also does some
> rsync... I
> > don't think I need that.
> > I've just downloaded all the developer layout from SVN...
> > what's next?
> >
> > On 27 October 2010 10:27, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I think its easiest to use the auto-build scripts mentioned at
> the bottom
> >> of this page:
> >> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdExtended
> >> .hc
> >> On Oct 27, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Enrique Vetere wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >> I need to patch something in PD related to midi (I sent another
> mail
> >> about).
> >> I'm on Linux.
> >> now I downloaded pd-extended from sourceforge as per:
> >>
> >> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
> >>
> >> so I enter the pd-extended directory and did
> >>
> >> ./autogen.sh
> >> ./configure
> >> make
> >>
> >> this causes to have an executable  src/pd
> >> which runs ok but does not have any extension loaded (in
> particular hid)
> >>
> >> what am I doing wrong?

> [...]

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.