[PD-dev] connecting to an extended sqlite3 database

Julian Villegas julovi at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 15:28:58 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a sqlite3 database v.3.7.3 (amalgamation). Since
sqlite3 doesn't come with mathematical functions like sqrt, I needed to extend
it using extension-functions.c (available from http://sqlite.org/contrib).
Before the extension, I was able to query the database with no problem. Now with
the extension, I needed to add these lines to my code:

        error =sqlite3_enable_load_extension(x->db,1); ///Enable loading
mathematical extensions
        if(error){
            post("error enabling  extension loading");
        }

error=sqlite3_load_extension(x->db,"libsqlitefunctions.dylib",0,x->pzErrMsg);

The code compiles fine, but when I try to run it I have this error:

dlopen(PathToMyObj.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found:
_sqlite3_enable_load_extension

I believe that's a linking error, but I don't know how to solve it, and I'm
sorry but I can't include a minimal functioning example. But, I can tell you
what I have:
I'm using a Makefile posted here
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/MakefileTemplate
I'm in a MacBook Pro 10.6.4
I'm using Pd-Extended v. 0.42.5

I guess is something simple like adding a filename to the compiler, but I just
can't figure it out, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

 Julian Villegas, Ph.D.
http://julovi.net

Me pregunto de un modo pensativo