[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3077431 ] add threaded read/write for coll to avoid xruns

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 21 22:27:07 CET 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3077431&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: feature

Initial Comment:
Xruns occur when coll tries to read/write large files, particularly when Pd is running more complex patches. Following proposed solution does read/write in a separate thread to avoid generating xruns and outputs bang on load using clock_delay to make it sync properly with the main thread.

Date: 2010-11-21 16:27

Message:
Hey Ico, glad to see you putting work into hard problems.

cyclone is a complex library with a very specific goal: a collection of
clones of Max/MSP objects, bugs, warts and all.  I recommend that you just
make your own version of [coll] and give it a new name to avoid confusion,
unless you really share this goal and are willing to test against Max/MSP.

Comment By: Ivica Ico Bukvic (ico_bukvic)
Date: 2010-10-02 10:35

Message:
Fixed and re-uploaded the patch after discovering some stability issues.