[PD-dev] split out 'osc' and 'net' from 'mrpeach'?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Nov 30 04:19:49 CET 2010

On Nov 29, 2010, at 12:48 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-11-29 18:36, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>>> It is OK IMHO to have iemnet use the names as the mrpeach objects as
>>> long as the stated goal is interface compatibility.  But I think
>>> this
>>> packaging idea is just added complication without and real
>>> benefit.  A
>>> library is a library in Debian from what I have seen.  I've never
>>> seen
>>> this kind of arrangement for libraries in Debian, so I think it
>>> would be
>>> a bad idea to start it with Pd.
>
> i mean something like libGL; this has been in debian for a while.
>
> b,sdr
> IOhannes

Sure that makes sense if you are really planning on keeping iemnet in
sync with and compatible with mrpeach's net.  It doesn't seem worth
the hassle here at all, and will add confusion.

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."  --Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++)