[PD-dev] removing non-free code from pure-data SVN

Xavier Miller xavier.miller at cauwe.org
Wed Dec 8 21:37:58 CET 2010

Hello,

I am not a PD developer, but as (amateur) artist and (professional)
software developer,
I am very sensitive about copyrights and licences.

I am a fervent Free Software defender, and I want to accept all licences
I have to respect for all software I use.

In my Linux distribution (Gentoo Linux), we have to explicitly list what
licences we accept, and set its name in a list, after reading it.

So, I discover I have installed pd-extended without knowing that
non-free or restrictive licences are used, which I would refuse (I don't
like licences as PiDip, especially if it is derived from a GPL project
but not respecting the GPL licence, for me it's like pirating software).

So, yes, please list ALL the licences which are included in
PD/PD-extended, especially those that are not compatible with common
Open Source / Free licences !
At least users need to know they use non-free parts of software, and use
it being aware of it.

(I use proprietary software too, and I know its terms).

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.