[PD-dev] question about building externals on Linux

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Dec 27 05:35:42 CET 2010

Hi all,

I've taken a quick stab at trying to port John Gibson's spectdelay~
external from Max to Pd and got stuck at the following error:

load_object: Symbol "spectdelay_tilde_setup" not found

I have spectdelay_tilde_setup in the code, it is format-wise (TTBOMYK)
the same as other signal-based externals. At any rate, I am stuck and
unsure how to proceed. Please advise.

build script:
gcc -DPD -g -I/usr/local/include/pdl2ork -I../Spectacle -o spectdelay~.o
-c spectdelay~.cpp
gcc -o spectdelay~.pd_linux spectdelay~.o -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -O6 -funroll-loops
-fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -DUNIX
-Wl,--export-dynamic-shared ../Spectacle/Spectacle.o ../Spectacle/SpectacleBase.o  ../genlib/Odelay.o ../genlib/Obucket.o ../genlib/FFTReal.o ../genlib/Offt.o

source file is attached. Bunch of .o files are independent/shared .o
files that have been built as follows:
gcc -c -o Ooscil.o Ooscil.cpp

Any ideas as to why is this happening?

TIA