[PD-dev] compiling pdlua in windows, macos, android, ...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jan 19 21:24:43 CET 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 9:33 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-01-19 15:08, Martin Peach wrote:
>> Does that mean [pdlua] is a 'loader'?
>
> yes.
>
>> Is it all right to just take the code from gitorious (the latest
>> version
>> seems to be at http://gitorious.org/pdlua) and stick it in svn
>> trunk/externals/lua or should it go somewhere else?
>
> the correct place _would_ be trunk/externals/loaders/pdlua
>
> however, pdlua has been in the repository once, and has been removed:
>
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=10247
>
> since we cannot really track git repositories with svn:externals and
> the
> like, its hard to keep them in sync.

I think the thing to do is getting it building and working on all
platforms, and then once things don't really need to be changed any
more, then we can import released versions into the pure-data SVN and
included it in Pd-extended.

João, you could offer to pay Claude for the port, if you haven't
already.

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."  --Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++)