[PD-dev] sourceforge cleanup

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 10 11:08:36 CET 2011

hi all,

i want to inform you, that i have done a routine cleanup of our
developers at sourceforge.

18 people, who have not committed anything within the last two (2)
years, were contacted on the 2011-01-20 (that was also the deadline for
the 2 years period), that they are scheduled for removal within one (1)
week, if they do not oppose.

after that i got into contact with 3 people opposing to their removal,
and 3 people aggreing to their removal.

today (after 3 weeks of waiting rather than 1 as promised), i have
revoked developer status of the following inactive members:
aschix, chr15m, chunlee, david_merrill, grholzi, j45ch, krzyszcz,
mjmcgonagle, morellid, olafmatt, reakin, xovo

those who do check their fingers, might notice that 2 developers are
missing. i consider them still pending: ggeiger, of puredata fame, who
has not yet answered (and it's technically more complicated to remove an
admin than an ordinary developer); and ix9 who had a bouncing email
address (but who might be reachable via IRC)

mfgadr
IOhannes

PS: that's the original mail body i sent to all those devs:

<snip>
Hi,

you are a registered developer at the "pure-data" sourceforge project,
which means that you have write access to the repository hosted there.

our project currently has 43 registered developers, some (18) of them
being inactive.
as the administrator of the project, i would like to reduce the number
of developers to the active ones.

since you haven't committed anything within the last two (2) years, you
are considered to be "inactive", and therefore i would like to remove
you from the list of developers.

if you ever feel like you need developer status (=write access to the
repository) again, just send an email to the pd-dev mailinglist.

the list of inactive developers has been assembled in an half-automated
way.
so if you feel that this is totally unjustified, please tell me within
the next week and i will not remove you from the list of active-developers

mfg.asdr
IOhannes
</snip>