[PD-dev] svn-repository general question

Ingo Randolf ingo at quitch.net
Sat Feb 19 17:29:08 CET 2011

Hello & thank you for the answer.

>> in the subfolder ./trunk/pd i can read the INSTALL.TXT file... which tells me to make a ./configure in /trunk/pd/src ...
>
> this INSTALl.txt is
> a) outdated

i thought so.

> b) meant for the source release(!) rather than an SVN-snapshot
>
> the latter means: it is considered bad style to put anything "generated"
> (mostly binaries, but also scripts, like "configure") into VCS. hence
> configure (which is generated from configure.ac) is missing in the SVN.

ok.

> to generate everything needed in order to run "configure" (btw, nowadays
> this is in .../pd rather than .../pd/src) just run (in .../pd):
> $ ./autogen.sh

so, since autogen.sh is also a script, it is not included in the svn-snapshot...?
can you please tell me what to do, if i want to compile the snapshot then?
- copy the scripts into?? or better copy the source out of the svn-maintained folder, and copying the scripts needed to create the configure script... etc...?

where do i get those scripts from...? copying them from a source-release?
copying the snapshot-sources into a source-release??

is there a step-by-step tutorial for compiling a svn-snapshot?

thanks.
ingo