[PD-dev] status of verbose() in 0.43?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Feb 24 06:01:20 CET 2011

On Feb 23, 2011, at 5:50 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2011, at 5:38 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>>> well, the thing is that for now we only have to reserve an
>>> additional
>>> variable "objectID" for the logpost(), which could be NULL/empty.
>>>
>>> logpost(objectID, level, msg,...)
>>>
>>> then, time permitting, fill in the missing code on both the C and
>>> the
>>> tcl side.
>>>
>>> i only try to avoid re-defining functions in each release.
>>>

>> anyhow, here is a draft for how this would work (to be applied on
>> top of
>> pd-extended.git#fac011b1)
>>
>> apart from changing the logpost() functions, it also adds a new
>> global
>> method to Pd that allows for selecting/highlighting an object based
>> on a
>> symbolic representation of it's address.
>>
>> like alway, most work was spent in trying to figure out things in
>> tcl :-)
>

> Now I'm starting to think that these would be appropriate levels,
> and use both the number and the name for the Log menu:
>
> 0 fatal
> 1 error
> 2 normal
> 3 info
> ALL
>
> .hc

Ok, I pushed my changes to origin/master in pd-extended.git.  I think
its looking pretty good. There are even labels on the menu like above
and a working 'all' :)

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque