[PD-dev] integrating pdlua into Pd-extended

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 26 23:31:49 CET 2011

 From the gnu make manual it seems that running pkg-config is not
recommended inside a Makefile. It should probably be done in the
configure stage, but anyway, since liblua has different names on each
platform, pkg-config only returns that name.
So I ended up just hard-coding liblua names and lua.h path for each OS
in the Makefile.
Now the nightly build for Windows is failing because it can't resolve
-llua51.dll. It seems that there is no standard place to put that dll.
Sooo, maybe pd-extended should build lua as well, like portaudio, or
should the dll be put in pd/bin, like pthreads.dll?

Martin