[PD-dev] integrating pdlua into Pd-extended

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 28 03:40:20 CEST 2011

I just built that lua-5.1.4 package in MinGW.
Just typing 'make mingw'produces liblua.a and lua51.dll in src.
liblua.a is somewhat larger than the dll.
'Make install' copies liblua.a into /usr/local/lib and creates an empty
directory /usr/local/lib/lua.

The error in the latest autobuild log
(2011-03-27_03.31.00_mingw32_nt-5.1_windowsxp-i386_pd-extended.txt) is

gcc  -s -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-import -o "pdlua.dll" "pdlua.o"
-L"/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/pd/src"
-L"/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/pd/bin"
-L"/home/pd/auto-build/pd-extended/pd/obj" -lpd -lwsock32 -lkernel32
-luser32 -lgdi32 -llua51.dll

c:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot find -llua51.dll

So maybe it should be looking for -llua instead of -llua51.dll.
Or else placing lua51.dll in /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib/lua might
work. The lua wiki seems to imply that you should link against the dll.

I'll change it to -llua first as that seems consistent with the rest of
the MinGW Pd build.

Martin