[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3204677 ] fix post/verbose API and improve Pd window

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 29 17:56:40 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3204677&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
This patch set completes a very inter-related things related to the Pd window and the logging functions.  I think you'll find it a huge improvement.  It is a combo of work that IOhannes and I recently did.

- completes the post/verbose API on the Tcl side
- adds logpost() proc/function for logging at a set level
- adds symbolic labels to the Log menu numbers
- adds 'pd findinstance' to allow Ctrl-clicking or hitting Enter on a log message to show which instance generated that message
- makes posting to the log more efficient due to integration with the Tk loop (i.e. after idle)
- complete buffer of all log messages that is filterable using the Log: menu (can filter about 100,000 lines per second on my machine)
- makes the text in the Pd window un-editable but still copy-n-paste-able (patch #3)
- separates the idea of the -verbose flag and log level since they are different
- adjust the post() statements that should be error statements, like "... couldn't create". (patch #4)

This came out of this discussion:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2011-02/016565.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2011-03/016629.html

Date: 2011-03-29 17:56