[PD-dev] erase object text

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Apr 3 01:53:45 CEST 2011

On Apr 2, 2011, at 11:57 AM, yvan volochine wrote:

> On 04/02/2011 05:38 PM, yvan volochine wrote:

>>> ah yes, that works if I simulate a double-click.
>>
>> it seems that simulating the mouse is a bad idea (focus problems).
>> how would I go to simulate CTRL-A ??
>>
>> this does not work:
>>
>> proc ctrl_all {} {
>> set key "Control_L"
>> set a 97
>>
>> pdsend "$mytoplevel key 1 $key 0"
>
> actually this should be better but it also does not work:
>
> pdsend "$mytoplevel selectall"
>
> in pd, it seems that CTRL-A just "releases" the object.

Have you tried watching the actual traffic that pd-gui sends to pd?
Run pd from the command line like 'pd -stderr -d 3' and you'll see the
communications between pd and pd-gui.  -d 1 would be one direction of
that traffic, and -d 2 would be the other direction, but I forget
which is which.

That way you can figure out which messages are the ones that you want
to hijack :)

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs