[PD-dev] flext and gnu/windows - 'undefined reference' with pd global vars?

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Mon Apr 4 17:46:33 CEST 2011

On 04/05/2011 01:14 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> 'undefined reference' generally means that the linker has found symbols
> in the .o files that it can't find a reference to. I.e. take the
> function 'foo', if myobject.o uses foo() from the bar lib, and the bar
> lib is not including the linking, because its not specified or not in
> the lib path, the you'll get an 'undefined reference'. Basically it
> means it can't find the code that matches a given symbol (i.e. function,
> variable, etc).
>
> .hc

yes, i'm quite aware of what causes an 'undefined reference', but the
flext lib should already be linking to pd.dll with -lpd and the
locations -L check out..

it only complains of a small handfull of the many symbols that flext
uses from pd (it is afterall a programming interface which uses pds api
extensively).

-dmotd