[PD-dev] [flext] mingw/autotools/libtool, some success (flext and gnu/windows - 'undefined reference' with pd global vars?)

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Sat Apr 9 07:30:30 CEST 2011

>> Hi,
>> doesn't the pd build system use mingw and autotools?
>> It must have the same problems, or a solution for it, no?
>> gr~~~
>

> mingw and autotools seems to work fine for things like zexy, OSCx, etc.
> Plus all the of the libs that Pd-extended uses are built on MinGW.
>
> .hc

the original post specifically detailed issues with libtool, none of
those externals use libtool for building shared libs, so i guess it
hasn't been encountered. the only library i can see to use it is gfsm
and a look at the mingw autobuild log shows that it is breaking (though
not for the same reason).

if libtool isn't necessary on any platform, then i will look into
removing it from the flext autotools set and recommend that people avoid
it in the future.

so yes, they 'seem to work' because they have never encountered the same
set of circumstances.

and the source of my original problem, milllers pd.dll breaking the gnu
linker likely will effect building other libs under mingw.

perhaps 'mingw + libtool is some kind of headache' would be a more
explicit byline - though libtool is still considered part of the
'autotools' set last time i looked.