[PD-dev] [flext] mingw/autotools/libtool, some success (flext and gnu/windows - 'undefined reference' with pd global vars?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Apr 9 16:08:53 CEST 2011

On Apr 9, 2011, at 2:27 AM, dmotd wrote:

> On 04/09/2011 03:48 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> ----- "dmotd"<inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es>  a écrit :
>>

>>> and the source of my original problem, milllers pd.dll breaking the
>>> gnu
>>> linker likely will effect building other libs under mingw.
>>>

>> did you try to compile Miller's pd.dll with makefile.mingw ?
>
> yes, but the build failed - i can't remember why.. and i decided to
> make the autotools work for mingw instead - that shouldn't be a bad
> thing, no?

It would be great if we had a single build system that worked on all
platforms.  The autotools/libtool based build system new in 0.43 did
work on MinGW at some point, but I haven't tested it in a while.
Also, I don't think I tried building externals against it.  But as
long as I left out ASIO, it built and ran.

.hc