[PD-dev] tcl registry pd-0.43

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:38:20 CEST 2011

On 04/11/2011 06:01 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> While avoiding bloat is a worthy goal, it seems to me that a good place
> to draw that line is at the standard Tcl/Tk. I don't think adding those
> libs will add a lot, but it does mean that people can rely on the
> standard Tcl/Tk docs to know what they can do with Tcl/Tk in Pd.

OTOH, as this is "just for" a Gui-Plugin, maybe I can use the same
behavior on windowz as on linux (i.e. write RecentFiles to a file in
$HOME/AppData instead of the registry) so this issue would not have to
be fixed right now.
while this might be less conventional, it could always change when/if
you want to include this feature in standard pd ?

> On Apr 10, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
>
>> Hmmm. yep, maybe the right policy would be simply to throw all of tk/tcl
>> in Pd...

I spent the last days asking myself if that would make sense to rewrite
the whole pd-gui in Qt instead of tcl/tk.

cheers,
_y