[PD-dev] signal nan values

Andrew Hassall a.r.hassall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:37:20 CEST 2011

I'm writing 2 externals that implement an LPC algorithm, to make the
results as acurate as possible I need to record some values from the
previous frame, I've found that after doing this I sometimes as far as
I can tell randomly get the output values of nan (for the values in
the output signal vector) This is normally due to one of the values
that I'm doing calculations on being nan, but when i check the
calculation of that value it has an actual value.

 It happens at random times but it seems that I can make it happen
when I open a patch with a graph in it (whilst the signal is running)

Is this something to do with the way pd handles lots of computation?
Am I simply doing too much computation in the externals? If not then
is there any reason why I would be getting these results?

Thanks
Andrew