[PD-dev] working pd-ext 0.43 build on windows?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 13 16:54:10 CEST 2011

Quoting "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>:

> The vanilla libdir will include [f], [t], [b], etc. you don't need a
> -nostdlib option to do that.  I so no reason to add a different
> library loading mechanism when we have one that works.

excuse my ignorance, but i'm only proposing that the "vanilla" library
should be loaded by default, unless the user decides that they don't
want that.

if you indeed read my mail like this, then i would like you to explain
to me again, why you needed additional search paths like
~/pd-externals/ to be compiled into pd, when we have a perfectly
working method to add "~/pd-externals" (well, given that the tilde
expansion works) to the search paths: "-path ~/pd-externals".

removing the core objects from Pd seems a more aggressive assault to
people's workflows than having them manually add some "standard"
search paths.

either you do make exceptions or you don't.

fgmaftr
IOhannes