[PD-dev] signal nan values

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 15 12:49:30 CEST 2011

Quoting "Andrew Hassall" <a.r.hassall at gmail.com>:

>>> I'm not currently using multiple instances, but is there any easy way
>>> of testing if I'm using memory not allocated to the external? I've
>>
>> $ valgrind pd
>
> Is there a specific version of valgrind for pd?

no.

> or do I have to run
> valgrind with a specific command? (I couldn't find any information of
> valgrind with pd from searching)

no.

simply run
$ valgrind pd -my -pd -flags
and have a look what it tells.

note: Pd itself allocates a number of memory which it never frees
(most prominently, the symbol hashtable, but also the list of
classes); valgrind considers them as memleaks, but normally you can
safely ignore these warnings as false positives.

mghrt
IOhannes