[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3189135 ] glob_evalfile returns reference *

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 18 03:21:19 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by millerpuckette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3189135&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
glob_evalfile returns a reference to the patch that it opens, which is useful when opening/closing patches with a system other than the messaging (pd open ....) system.  We are already using this system in libpd to open and close patches by reference instead of file name, and this also allows us to know more about the patch at instantiation (ex. dollar args).

As the method glob_evalfile currently returns void, it has no backwards incompatibility issues.

Comment By: Miller Puckette (millerpuckette)
Date: 2011-04-17 18:21

Message:
Looks  OK to me - I'll take it unless someone else complains :)

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2011-02-25 08:27

Message:
yeah git format-patch preserves the author, etc. so its quite nice.  The
code looks good, and the patch looks perfect, thanks for the update!

Comment By: Rich E (reakin)
Date: 2011-02-25 01:40

Message:
Okay, new uploaded patch file, this time formatted with git format-patch -
I didn't realize that there was a difference between this and using git
diff.  Please let me know if there is any other issues.

Comment By: Rich E (reakin)
Date: 2011-02-24 04:16

Message:
Please look at the updated diff file, I have removed all the tabs and
inserted white spaces instead (sorry, its my ide's fault not mine).

The brackets around the while statement are preferred, as we want to
return x when it is still valid, not assign it a new value at each
iteration (at which point the loop ends when x == null).

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2011-02-23 21:05

Message:
Sounds like a reasonable patch, but the diff itself is fully of whitespace
changes, so its quite hard to read.  A patch should only have relevant
changes in it.