[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3297971 ] Pd-0.43 crash with GOP enabled abstraction inside subpatch

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 5 18:30:32 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3297971, was opened at 2011-05-05 16:30
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3297971&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
I keep getting a serious crash if I'm ever using [soundoutput] inside a subpatch.

I can reproduce it by:

> Opening test.pd in Pd-0.43
> Open [pd SUBVIEW]
> Close [pd SUBVIEW]
> (Try to) close test.pd

Then I get the following error:

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x321860.c"
  white executing
".x321860.c delete l323af0"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from with
"uplevel #0 $cmd_from_pd"

Then if I move the mouse on the test.pd window I get this error constantly:

.x191a6b0: no such object

I can still edit and save other patches but it's not really workable so it requires a restart of Pd.

I'm running Pd-0.43-0 on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.7

Thanks,
Joe