[PD-dev] pd-exxtended repo?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jun 4 05:34:32 CEST 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 5:07 PM, Albert Graef wrote:

> On 06/03/2011 10:47 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
>> On 06/03/2011 09:50 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Oops, sorry, I messed up the post-receive hooks stuff. It should be
>>> fixed now, and commits should be emailed to pd-cvs also.
>>
>> Thanks, it works now. :)
>
> BTW, Hans, I think I read somewhere that it was planned to merge the
> GUI improvements in pd-extended back into vanilla. Are there still
> any plans to do so?
>
> I usually don't need all the stuff that comes bundled with pd-
> extended, but I really like the "magic glass" and the coloring of
> objects, inlets/outlets and cables. That's also great for teaching Pd.

That's really up to Miller.  I've know moved the Pd-extended core to
be based off of the pure-data git, so the Pd-extended changes are now
a set of patches against pure-data (see the patch_series branch).  But
with 0.43, there are already many things that have been incorporated
into pure-data.

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra