[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3317264 ] Pd clases with windows explorer?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 16 12:54:11 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3317264, was opened at 2011-06-16 12:54
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by jmmmp
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3317264&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

My current system is XP, Pd-ext 0.42, Pd-van 0.43.
I think this issue always happened a bit for many years, but now I'm putting in a report. I think Pd clashes with windows explorer, making it behave a bit weird at some points. I can't give a concrete cause->effect list, but here are some of the symptoms that happen only when Pd is on.

Both Pd versions
- If pd is on, the task bar and explorer in general (opening folders, ...) behaves slower. Sometimes is necessary to wait up to a minute for a new window to open.
This happens more often with Pd is on + a file menu within pd (open, save, ...) is also showing

Pd-vanilla
Sometimes (for sure after a fresh installation), when I start Pd vanilla some system settings get overwritten. So far I noticed:
- the window open/close animation gets activated (this one has been happening for years)
- my tablet's settings get mixed up: velocity, position, ... (this one is recent)

I imagine this should be a Tcl/Tk problem?

Best,

Joo Pais