[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3321834 ] discard changes message messed up

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 18 17:24:14 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3321834, was opened at 2011-06-18 17:24
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3321834&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.42

Initial Comment:
Sometimes, when I run a patch with a few abstractions, and I edit the main patch and I open and edit some of the abstractions and don't save, when I try to close the main patch, I get inconsistent "discard changes on XXX?" messages. For example:

1) Let's have a patch Main.pd which contains instances of an abstraction A.pd and an abstraction B.pd.
2) I open only Main.pd. I modify it without saving. I right-click on [A] and select "open", I edit the A abstraction, close it and don't save. Same for B
3) I close the main patch by clicking the X button of its window

Result:
- i get a dialog "Discard changes on Main.pd?" (Main.pd's window is brought to front) I say Yes
- I get a dialog "Discard changes on A.pd?" (A-pd's window is brought to front)I say Yes
- I get a dialog "Discard changes on Main.pd?" (again!!) but B.pd's windos is actually broght to front.

This is just an example. I can't provide a patch that sistematically reproduces the issue, it's intermittent. I guess it depends in which order you open, close, save, etc.

Pd Vanilla 0.42.5 on Ubuntu here.