[PD-dev] packaging the pddp docs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jun 28 20:52:38 CEST 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 2:41 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> [...]

Bug fixes should definitely be included, other patches are on a case
by case basis.  Accepting patches is a time consuming process,
especially if the patch submitted are not super clean or has not been
thoroughly tested.  That's the main reason for patches to be rejected
or ignored.

I've gone thru a lot of patches from l2ork before, and found that they
were not well tested, sometimes didn't even apply cleanly, and
sometimes introduced new bugs.  It seems that Ico didn't want to work
thru the patch process, and instead is working on a fork.  That's a
good way to develop solid, well tested patches so it could be that a
lot of the l2ork stuff is ready to be resubmitted.